At Foot Balance Technology we manage and treat various conditions of the foot, ankle, and lower limb extremities that require fitting, fabrication, and adjustments of pedorthic devices/footwear.
We make or modify footwear to assist clients to make and recover as much mobility as possible.
Step into our clinic
for improved foot health
The pedorthists at Foot Balance Technology specialise in the assessment and care of a wide range of foot conditions relating to:
- Hammer or clawed toes
- Charcot neuropathy
- Cerebral palsy
- Leg length differences
- Shin splints
- Heel pain
- Pain in the ball of your foot, and
- Plantar fasciitis.
A focus on
Foot ulceration is a common complication of diabetes. Shockingly, foot ulcers can lead to the need for partial or full amputation of a sufferers’ toes and feet.
Research shows that 4 out of 5 diabetic foot ulcers are caused by ill-fitting footwear.
The right footwear recommended and fitted by a professional can reduce your level of risk and potentially save your feet.
Our principal pedorthist, Sayed Ahmed, is passionate about supporting diabetic foot health.
His knowledge and expertise are regularly called upon by public and private practising orthopedic foot & ankle surgeons, podiatrists, physiotherapists, rehab specialists, orthotists, and prosthetists.
He also has a strong referral relationship with the High-Risk Foot Clinics at Concord, Royal Prince Alfred, Westmead, Nepean, St Vincents, Liverpool, Bankstown, St George and Blacktown hospitals.
To build on, and to help spread this knowledge to diabetes patients and clinicians in developing countries, Sayed is completing a Ph.D. in diabetes foot care and footwear at Southern Cross University.
You can read Sayed’s blog on diabetic shoes and orthoses, here.
Assessment: When you come to the Foot Balance Technology clinic we get to know you and assess your condition using our knowledge, experience, and the latest technology.
An initial appointment usually takes around 45 minutes.
Depending on your foot condition we:
- conduct a full biomechanical and gait assessment
- use in-shoe or barefoot plantar pressure measurements and analysis systems, and/or
- take a 3D scan of your foot and leg.
- If you have been referred to Foot Balance Technology by a doctor or other health professional, we apply our expertise to their diagnosis to recommend the best products.
Recommendations: We create your individual foot care plan based on our assessment. This may include the need for:
- Prefabricated, extra depth and width shoes or other comfort footwear
- custom made orthopaedic footwear and orthoses
- stretching and strengthening exercises, and/or
- a referral to another allied health professional.
- If custom footwear and orthotics are recommended, we use a 3D scan to make a cast of your foot, and computer-aided design and manufacture systems to craft the orthoses.
Try our products on for size
Depending on our assessment of your foot health we may recommend an “off-the-shelf” solution.
Professionally fitted specialised shoes can provide fantastic early intervention – to stop a problem before it starts. They are also a good option for simple foot complaints like bunions and corns.
Take a look at the prefabricated shoes we recommend here.
Custom made footwear
We use 3D scanning, computer-aided design and manufacturing, and 3D printing systems to individually craft shoes for you, including:
- Extra-depth and width shoes
- Custom-moulded shoes
- Corrective shoe modifications and more.
Foot Balance Technology work with your health care team to recommend and fabricate the very best custom orthoses including:
- Arch supports and metatarsal head supports
- Heel cups
- Diabetes-specific inserts (TCI)
- Ankle foot orthoses (AFO) and more.
Put your best foot forward
You can make an appointment with the Foot Balance Technology team with or without a referral from your doctor.
Call us today to find out how we can help and to schedule an appointment.